In the year 30XX, technology has made space travel an accessible feat. However, the legacy of planet Xydonia's inhabitants still remains a mystery to this day. Countless adventurers and opportunists ventured in search of the remains of this ancient civilization and its homeworld, but none of them lived to tell the tale.
Now it's your turn to uncover Xydonia's coordinates and reach for the ultimate goal, which could be eternal life, infinite knowledge or a sealed, limited edition copy of that shmup from 19XX!
XYDONIA is an old school arcade horizontal shoot 'em up, inspired by the Japanese milestones of the genre, such as R-Type, Gradius and Darius. Our goal is to bring you a game that looks, sounds and feels exactly like one of those classics, but retaining its own identity at the same time.
The game is currently being developed by a small team of 3 arcade junkies and has reached alpha stage.
The game was successfully funded through a Kickstarter campaign.
Huge thanks to everyone supporting us to help making this shmup dream come true!
- A return to the golden age of shmups with hardcore '90s arcade action
- A varied roster of characters, each with their own unique play style
- A killer YM2151+Sega PCM soundtrack featuring shmup legends Shinji Hosoe and Keishi Yonao
- Multiple paths of destruction for extended replayability and challenge
- Customize each playthrough with different equipment and assist characters
- A unique "scavenge" system that allows purchasing of upgrades and more
- Easy to learn, hard to master scoring/ranking system
- Old-school 16-bit Neo Geo style 2D graphics
- Two-player Co-op
Follow us on
If you encounter a crash, it could be caused by the CRT emulation shader not working with your graphics card.
Try updating your DirectX version and graphics card drivers.
If you experience low framerates during gameplay, try turning off the CRT Shader (press F11).
Every Xinput device is supported.
Keys will be rebindable in future revisions.
THANK YOU FOR PLAYING!